Shelves is commited to providing an excellent shopping experience for our supporters. Our #1 goal is to provide you with amazing products in a timely fashion. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with how we do business.
- All sales are final. We issue store credit for special circumstances only.
- All book orders for local pickup placed by 9am EST on Mondays can be picked up within the same week as long as the book(s) are currently in stock. Book orders for local pickup received after the Monday deadline will be delivered to your preferred pickup site the following week. If the book is on backorder, your entire order will be delivered once the book becomes available.
- Local pickup orders are dropped off to our partner sites weekly on Fridays & Saturdays. Please do not arrive to pick up your order without having first received an email notifying you that it is ready for pickup.
- Local pickup orders that are not picked up by the customer within 30 days after we send you the first ‘ready for pickup’ email will be automatically cancelled. Your item(s) will be removed from your preferred pickup location and restocked on our shelves.
- Shelves uses the United States Postal Service (USPS) to ship orders. We do not work for USPS, nor do we manage USPS operations. We simply use their services to deliver our products to supporters all over the country. The shipping fee that you pay at checkout is used to pay for USPS postage, so that we can insure & ship your order.
- All items of the same category ship within the same package. This means that books only ship with books (this includes journals) and apparel only ships with apparel. *This rule DOES not apply to local pickup orders.*
- You will always be notified via email once your order has been shipped and/or is ready for pickup at one of our local partner sites. This notification may come from our customer service email address or from Stamps.com. It is the customer’s responsibility to monitor the progress of their order en route to its destination and/or pickup their order once this notification has been sent.
- Once your order has been shipped, it is now in the possession of USPS. If for some reason your order has not been delivered by USPS after being shipped or your USPS tracking number says it was delivered but you never received it, you must first contact USPS & file a claim with them. Please give USPS 10 days to locate your package before contacting us. If you do contact us, please be prepared to provide us with proof that you first filed a claim with USPS.
- If your order was delivered with missing, damaged, and/or the wrong items, please hold on to your packing slip. You must contact us within 15 days after the USPS delivery date. Be prepared to send us legible photos of the items you received, including the packing slip that arrived inside of your package. We reserve the right to cancel your order if you are unable to provide us with this proof or if you fail to contact us within the 15-day delivery window.
- Ordering in bulk does not guarantee you a discount. Our hope is that every person, group, company or organization that chooses to shop with us is doing so because they like our brand and want to support Shelves with no strings attached. We are a small business that gives discounts when we can afford to do so.