Shelves is commited to providing an amazing shopping experience for our supporters both in person and online. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with how we do business.
- All Shelves Bookstore sales are final. We issue store credit for special circumstances only.
- Pre-order titles should be ordered as standalone products to avoid holding up the delivery of any other books in your Shelves Bookstore order.
- Shelves Bookstore uses the United States Postal Service (USPS) to ship 99% of our orders, and all orders are uninsured. Shipping orders uninsured is very common and totally safe, plus it helps us keep shipping costs low. The only drawback is that claims cannot be filed for uninsured orders through USPS.
- Shelves Bookstore is not obligated to replace or refund orders that get delayed, lost, or damaged once they are in the possession of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Although the probability of orders getting lost or damaged in transit is very low, Shelves Bookstore is NOT responsible for resolving such issues. Instead, you must first contact your local post office for assistance, and our team will try to help as best as we can.
- All Shelves Bookstore products of the same category ship within the same package. This means that books only ship with books (this includes journals), and apparel only ships with apparel. *This rule does NOT apply to Local Pickup and Friday Delivery orders.*
- Local pickup orders are dropped off at our partner sites on Fridays & Saturdays. Please do not arrive to pick up your order without having first received an email from Shelves Bookstore notifying you that it is ready for pick up.
- The weekly cut off time for all Local Pickup and Friday Delivery orders that include a print book is 8:00am EST on Mondays. Book orders received after the Monday deadline will be processed the following week. If one of the books in your order is on backorder, your entire order will be delivered once the book is back in stock.
- The weekly cut off time for all Local Pickup and Friday Delivery orders that include Shelves Bookstore merch only is 11:59pm EST on Wednesdays. Merch orders received after the Wednesday deadline will be processed the following week.
- Local pickup orders that are not picked up by the customer within 30 days after the first “Ready for Pickup” email is sent will be automatically cancelled and restocked on our shelves.
- Friday Delivery orders are delivered on Fridays to your front door by Enderly Coffee Co., and you may only reschedule a delivery once. Unless you contact us on or before Wednesday during the week of your scheduled delivery, your order will be delivered regardless of whether or not you or your recipient are at the delivery location.
- You will always be notified via email once your order has been shipped, is ready for pick up, or scheduled to be delivered by Enderly. It is the customer’s responsibility to monitor the progress of their order en route to its destination and/or pick up their order once this notification has been sent.
- If your order was delivered with missing, damaged, and/or the wrong items, please hold on to your packing slip (if it came with one). You must contact us within 15 days after the USPS delivery date. Be prepared to send us legible photos of the items you received and of your packing slip.
- Ordering in bulk does not guarantee you a discount. Our hope is that every person, group, company or organization that chooses to shop with us is doing so because they respect our brand and want to support Shelves Bookstore with no strings attached. We are a small business that gives discounts when we can afford to do so. Please understand that in most cases, bulk orders (20+ books) may only be eligible for free shipping. However, this depends on the book and quantity.
- You have the ability to create an account on the Shelves Bookstore website. Having an account allows you to store your payment information, billing & shipping addresses, and manage your Reading Is a Lifestyle subscription.
Last updated on 1.8.22