Shelves is commited to providing an amazing shopping experience for our supporters both in person and online. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with how we do business.
- All sales are final. We issue store credit for special circumstances only.
- You have the ability to create an account with us. Having an account makes for a smoother shopping experience and quicker checkout on our website. You can update your payment information or billing & shipping addresses at anytime, and manage your Reading Is a Lifestyle subscription as well. Login or register here.
- The cut off time for all Local Pickup and Home Delivery by Enderly orders that include a physical book must be placed by 9:00am EST on Mondays in order to be dropped off or delivered within the same week. Book orders received after the Monday deadline will be processed the following week. If one of the books in your order is on backorder, your entire order will be delivered once the book is back in stock.
- The cut off time for all Local Pickup and Home Delivery by Enderly merch only orders must be placed by 11:59pm EST on Wednesays in order to be dropped off or delivered within the same week. Merch only orders received after the Wednesday deadline will be processed the following week.
- Home Delivery orders are delivered on Fridays to your front door by Enderly Coffee Co. All deliveries are contactless due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Unless you Contact Us on or before Wednesday during the week of your scheduled delivery, your order will be delivered to your address regardless of whether or not you or your recipient are at the delivery location. PLEASE NOTE: You may only reschedule a home delivery once.
- Local pickup orders are dropped off to our partner sites weekly on Fridays & Saturdays. Please do not arrive to pick up your order without having first received an email from Shelves notifying you that it is ready for pick up.
- Local pickup orders that are not picked up by the customer within 30 days after we send you the first ‘Ready for Pickup’ email will be automatically cancelled. Your item(s) will be removed from your preferred pickup location and restocked on our shelves.
- Shelves currently uses the United States Postal Service (USPS) to ship orders. We do not work for USPS, nor do we manage USPS operations. We simply use their services to deliver our products to supporters all over the country. The shipping/delivery fee that you pay at checkout is used to pay for shipping & handling fees.
- All items of the same category ship within the same package. This means that books only ship with books (this includes journals) and apparel only ships with apparel. *This rule does NOT apply to Local Pickup and Home Delivery by Enderly orders.* Pre-order titles should be ordered as standalone products to avoid holding up the delivery of any other books in your order.
- You will always be notified via email once your order has been shipped, is ready for pick up, or will be delivered by Enderly. These notifications are sent from our customer service email address (shipping confirmations are typically sent from Stamps.com). It is the customer’s responsibility to monitor the progress of their order en route to its destination and/or pick up their order once this notification has been sent.
- Once your order has been shipped, it is now in the possession of USPS. If for some reason your order has not been delivered by USPS after it was shipped and/or your USPS tracking number says it was delivered but you never received it, you must first contact USPS & file a claim with them. Please give USPS 10 days to locate your package before contacting us. Please be prepared to provide us with proof that you first filed a claim with USPS.
- If your order was delivered with missing, damaged, and/or the wrong items, please hold on to your packing slip. You must contact us within 15 days after the USPS delivery date. Be prepared to send us legible photos of the items you received, including the packing slip that arrived inside of your package. We reserve the right to cancel your order if you are unable to provide us with this proof or if you fail to contact us within the 15-day delivery window. All sales are final.
- Ordering in bulk does not guarantee you a discount. Our hope is that every person, group, company or organization that chooses to shop with us is doing so because they respect our brand and want to support Shelves with no strings attached. We are a small business that gives discounts when we can afford to do so. Please understand that in most cases, bulk orders (20+ books) may only be eligible for free shipping. However, this depends on the quantity per title in the order and the book’s publisher.